Update by user Sep 10, 2014

After posting a negative comment on Delta Vacations FB page, I was contacted by a customer service representative. (This was after a second attempt to get help from their "consumer care" dept. via email.) Finally, they did offer to make things right, and credit me for the additional day charged.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2014

I arranged flights and a rental car for a trip to Europe from Delta/ MLT.

I was told there was a two-hour window/ grace period from the pick-up time for the rental car, to the return time 11 days later.The time on the contract with Avis Munich (which MLT contracted) was pick-up at 11:00am with drop-off at 11:00am.

I questioned several times both MLT agent and an Avis agent, that we would land earlier than that and would probably actually be able to pick up our car between 9:30 and 10:00. They both said "no problem" because there is a two-hour grace period. We returned our car to Venice at approx. 10:15am (what a disorganized mess - and then the Venice office charged us for extra gas after we had just filled it -- sneaked it on the charges after we left, but it was refunded when we objected).

In any case, we were charged for an extra day, as they said we returned the car 1 1/2 hours late.

That cost us another 130$ -- MLT said Not their problem since the charge came from Avis - nothing they could do...no help.They gave me inaccurate info, then when I got charged for it, they punted

Had an Experience with MLT Worry Free Vacations?

Comments

DonnaJDrake
Dublin, Ohio, United States #867796

Plus, it's interesting that MLT vacations doesn't offer a toll-free number for complaints. Maybe they get so many that it would cost them too much!